Re: Re: URL Fragment following redirect

From: Martin Konradi <martin_at_konradi.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 00:55:51 +0200

for the patch as far as I can see it should be enough to change this:

lib/http.c line 216

FROM:
   /* data is in the host encoding so
      use '\r' and '\n' instead of 0x0d and 0x0a */
   end = strchr(start, '\r');
   if(!end)
     end = strchr(start, '\n');
   if(!end)
     end = strchr(start, '\0');
   if(!end)
     return NULL;

TO:
   /* data is in the host encoding so
      use '\r' and '\n' instead of 0x0d and 0x0a */
   end = strchr(start, '#');
   if(!end)
   end = strchr(start, '\r');
   if(!end)
     end = strchr(start, '\n');
   if(!end)
     end = strchr(start, '\0');
   if(!end)
     return NULL;

???

I'd like to use the multi-threaded curl, so the workaround with a
"manually" redirect isn't that easy?

cheers

martin

Daniel Stenberg <daniel <at> haxx.se> writes:

> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Martin Konradi wrote:
>
> > is this request: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-04/0259.html
implemented
> > in the new version 7.19.5?
>
> Nobody replied and nobody provided a patch so there was nothing to apply.
>
> So no, I'd say this is still an issue we should fix. So are *you* up to
> providing the said patch?
>
> > Or ist there any other workaround (callback-function if a redirect
is done)?

> The work-around is to do the redirect "manually" without using
FOLLOWLOCATION.