Re: compile libcurl into the application (MSVC)

From: Anton Bychkov <bychkov.anton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:35:12 +0400

Hi

>A year ago or so I started a discussion about how to compile curl into an application so you won't require the dlls for it. I
> didn't get any useful answer so I ask it again.

I statically link libcurl for multithreaded mode in our project with
VS 2008 and static OpenSSL library.
The library was downloaded from official repository.

The command line to build it is
nmake -f Makefile.vc9 CFG=debug-ssl RTLIBCFG=static
and
nmake -f Makefile.vc9 CFG=release-ssl RTLIBCFG=static
for release version.

You may change it to use Makefile.vc6 for building under VS 6 and
select another configuration (debug-ssl-zlib for example, to use
zlib). I have also fixed OpenSSL paths in makefile.

Building OpenSSL as a static library is a funny thing, however you
have one as I can understand from your mail.