Changing speed while transfer is active

From: Adrian Batzill <agib_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:38:30 +0200

Hi,
I've recently started to use libcurl and just love it. however, there is
one thing i can't seem to find a solution for.
The problem was already described here:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-01/0218.html
This is basically about how
CURLOPT_MAX_SEND_SPEED_LARGE/CURLOPT_MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE
should not use the all-time average of a specific download to calculate
if libcurl needs to speed up/slow down
the transfer, but that it should use a timeframe and base its
calculation on the "current" speed.
Since the calculation for the current speed already exists, this would
probably not be too much to do. I debugged through Curl_pgrsUpdate and
some other functions a few times, but couldn't really do anything (as
said, just started using libcurl a few days ago).
I just wanted to know what the status about this matter is, since the
regulation diddn't work too well in my tests.

Thanks,
Adrian.