Building 64 bit version of libcurl on Solaris 10 SPARC

From: Michael Leong <michael_at_voltage.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:49:51 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a 64 bit version of libcurl on a Solaris 10 SPARC machine. I'm using the configure command:

CC=cc CFLAGS=-m64 ./configure --with-ssl=[path to OpenSSL] --prefix=[prefix path]

The library compiles fine, but when I try to link it against a .o file, the linker complains about libcurl, saying: "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32". This seems to mean that it's not really building a 64 bit library.

Has anyone else had this problem or been able to build a 64 bit library on this platform? I assume it's something to do with a compiler flag I'm missing or something, but I don't know what it is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
-Michael