Re: debugging a crash in Curl_pgrsTime/checkPendPipeline?

From: <johansen_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:10:02 -0700

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 02:45:35PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, johansen_at_sun.com wrote:
>
>>> I'm a bit reluctant to add another list since I think we should be
>>> able to make the existing logic work with the existing lists. I get
>>> the feeling adding another list is just a way to escape that fixing
>>> and instead try to engineer another way to solve the same problem.
>>
>> I have prototyped a fix with a 4th list that seems to work. I'm open
>> to alternative suggestions, but I'll need details. I've been able to
>> identify what's causing the bug, but I don't have any knowledge about
>> how past design decisions affected the current state of the code base.
>
> Please just go ahead and post it here so that we can have a look and
> discuss the actual suggestion!

I would have posted this sooner, but I was still testing the fix.

I'm attaching a patch for the problem. I'm also including a URL to a
webrev. It's a multi-format web-browsable diff that we use for a lot of
our code reviews in OpenSolaris. I find the sdiffs and wdiffs most
useful, but everyone has their own favorite.

        http://cr.opensolaris.org/~johansen/curl-multibug/

The total change here is < 100 lines.

-j