Re: debugging a crash in Curl_pgrsTime/checkPendPipeline?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 08:54:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, johansen_at_sun.com wrote:

>> That's because libcurl can't seek in any file, since it is given to the lib
>> by a callback! There is however a CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION that translates into
>> a conn->seek_func() that should be able to do the job. Hopefully. ;-)
>
> I was under the impression that the CURLOPT_SEEKFUNCTION applied only to the
> read function and not the write function. In this case, I'm seeing extra
> bytes written to the file.

Ah, no. I wasn't paying enough attention. You're right, that's for the read
stream... Perhaps we need to add a similar one for the write stream?

> To catch that case, would I want to test Curl_isPipeliningEnabled() or
> Curl_llist_count(easy->easy_conn->send_pipe) == 0, or something else
> entirely?

I would assume the latter or similar, as if the connection is actually in use
for pipelining already. But I'm not saying it MUST be done this way. You're
clearly doing a lot more work and testing with pipeling than me, so I hope you
can suggest a fair approach!