Re: Threaded resolver spins bug + patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:14:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Constantine Sapuntzakis wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> Once the simplification is done, the code can be ported to Linux/Mac OS X
> fairly easily:

I must admit I'm a looser for portable code and solutions in general, but I
want to stress that I don't want to see this threaded approach done in other
operating systems. I want to push people not happy with the default resolves
go the c-ares route instead, and if that isn't good enough we fix c-ares to
become good enough...

> I've got othe rprojects at work, so it will be a little while before I can
> generate this patch. If someone feels motivated to do it instead, they will
> have my admiration and gratitude. :-)

I think the reason the code hasn't been fixed in such a long time is that
there's basically nobody around who's willing or capable of doing these fixes
so I would say the chances someone else than you would do this in the short
term is very slim! (and yes, this includes myself)