Re: GZIP encoding error - invalid code lengths set

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:45:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Dobromir Velev wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to make curl and/or zlib to silently
> ignore this error since the content is downloaded and decompressed
> correctly. I can modify content_encoding.c to return all available data and
> exit when a data error is detected and there is no more data to decode, but
> I'm not sure what will happen if more data is received at a later stage.
>
> Attached are two trace files which were generated a minute apart from each
> other with the same request. The one is OK and the other fails with

Ouch. This is a seriously broken server. Have you tried to simply contact the
admins of it to ask if they can fix it instead of trying to shoe-horn in a
weirdo work-around in libcurl?

This looks like a broken zlib stream that libcurl/zlib rightfully whines
about. Making an illegal value become OK seems like a huge kludge to me!