Cross compiled libcurl (ARM) crashs on curl_easy_perform()

From: Adrian Batzill <agib_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:48:46 +0200

Hello everyone.

I compiled an ARM libcurl binary using Scratchbox in order to cross
compile my application and link it
statically so it can run on any ARM-linux platform. This however, won't
work.
I successfully cross compiled libcurl (tried with gnutls and without,
diddn't change a thing) and I am able
to cross compile my software. but as soon as i execute
curl_easy_perform, the application seg-faults.
For testing, I created this:
CURL* handle = curl_easy_init();
curl_easy_setopt(handle, CURLOPT_URL, "[random URL]");
int success = curl_easy_perform(handle);
which seemed to be the most simple program to me. And even this results
in a crash.
However, for some reason, the original curl application works perfectly,
so it must somehow be doable..

Hope somebody can help me with this.
Thanks in advance,
Adrian