Re: perform() is crashing

From: Brandon Tate <brandonntate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:12:02 -0400

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Brandon Tate wrote:
>
>> /usr/include/curl/curlver.h
>> #define LIBCURL_VERSION "7.19.5"
>>
>> /usr/local/include/curl/curlver.h
>> #define LIBCURL_VERSION "7.12.2"
>
> My advice:
>
> 1. Make sure the /usr/local crap is moved away to not interfere. If
> you have
> anything else you want to use in there, just move away the libcurl
> stuff.
>
> 2. Clarify to us what "crashing" or "dieing" means. Like if you run
> your app
> with gdb, does it crash and if so what does 'bt' show? (Assuming
> you build
> with debug symbols enabled which you really should to track this
> down).
>
> If it doesn't crash with gdb, does the perform call return an
> error code?
> If so, which?
>
> And finally: please trim your quotes.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

of doing things, used to forums.

Ok...

1. As far as the usr/local stuff goes, I'm not sure what in there is
being used. I didn't build this application, I'm just charged with
getting the curl stuff working. Can I just rename the curl files to
have a different extension? Will that effectively remove them?

2. Crashing/Dying means that the applications just stops. No error
is thrown, nothing happens at all. It just stops. Not sure how gdb
works. I don't have a gdb command on the server so I'm not even sure
if it's installed.

Thanks,
Brandon