Re: Call for participation: transfer speed tests!

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:05:33 +0200

Hi Georg,
Georg Lippitsch schrieb:
>> 1) 2mbit umts connection (HUAWEI E270 modem)

>> CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE 4096 -> 90k
>
> No, default CURL_MAX_WRITE is 16384.
>
>> CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE 40960 -> 200k
I did google a bit, and the issue might perhaps be releated to the E270
itself; I have found this sentence on their website:
"the world's first High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) USB Modem,
E270" ...
http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/news/view.do?id=400&cid=61&type=0

probably the device does some packet compression, whatever, and with
smaler upload chunks the overhead is bigger? Perhaps the modem has an
upload transfer buffer of 65535, and that's the optimum for this device?
Perhaps its worth to dig a bit into this direction, look if you can find
find out further details about the 'Uplink Packet Access', and can find
a technical description of the device ...

Gün.