How to build libcurl

From: sumana ts <sumana.tirumala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:28:04 +0530

Hi,
  I have downloaded libcurl source,built a .sl and tried to load that .sl in
the my final exe.
(My post example also is built into the final .exe)

But it never worked for me.I have seen "-lcurl" linker option everywhere.
Is this option mandatory to build any libcurl application?

If i build post example as seperate standalone application and link without
lcurl option.Its throwing undefined symbol references
errors.

How would i use libcurl.so/libcurl.sl in my linux environment without -lcurl
option?

Any suggestions would be a great healp

Thanks in advance.

Regards