Re: Building libcurl for QNX

From: puneet sharma <p.sharma83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:35:28 +0530

On 8/21/09, Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> ar is an archiving tool of sorts, yes. It is used for packaging a
> bunch of .o (object) files into a static library on Unix. The GNU
> toolchain includes it with the assembler (as or gas), linker (ld or
> gld) amongst other things.

Daniel/Michael, thanks for help. I have pointed the ar to the correct path
in my environment. Now i have moved to the point where configure fails to
guess the build type.
config.guess timestamp = 2009-04-27

uname -m = Intel Pentium ☺
uname -r = version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) ☺
uname -s = Microsoft Windows XP Workstation ☺
uname -v = unknown ☺

/usr/bin/uname -p = x86 ☺
/bin/uname -X =

hostinfo =
/bin/universe =
/usr/bin/arch -k =
/bin/arch =
/usr/bin/oslevel =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = Intel Pentium
UNAME_RELEASE = version 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
UNAME_SYSTEM = Microsoft Windows XP Workstation
UNAME_VERSION = unknown
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one

what option should i set?

--
Regards
Puneet