cURL on Windows in MSVC

From: weasel707 asdf <weasel707_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:39:23 -0400

I have downloaded the lib and DLLs from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html under the "Win32 - MSVC" section (no-SSL version). I link to libcurl.lib and have libcurl.dll and zlib1.dll in the same directory. I also copied one of the examples from the docs/examples folder -- simple.c.

The code compiles, links, and runs fine as it is in the example file. However, if I change the URL to something other than "curl.haxx.se", for example "google.com", it no longer works. It compiles and links as before, but crashes during runtime on curl_easy_perform. It appears to work for certain URLs, but not for others.

I have tried other versions under the Win32 heading on the Downloads page, but the same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong? (i.e. do I need to specify additional compiler/linker options?)

Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9671355