Stating on FTP - possible bug?

From: Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre_at_kde.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:41:25 +0200

Hi there,

I am using libcurl to connect to remote hosts. The version is:

curl 7.19.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8k zlib/1.2.3.3
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

When using CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY with an FTP server, and sending FTP
raw commands, I am getting the next error message from the FTP server:

425 Use PORT or PASV first

IMHO if I am not missing something, I think that libcurl should
completely connect to the host, so I can send raw ftp commands like
"LIST" directly.

Am I wrong ? Am I missing something ?

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.