Re: Bugfix: curl_multi_timeout ignores CURLOPT_TIMEOUT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:35:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, koettermarkus_at_gmx.de wrote:

> The real problem is the difference in splay queued timeouts and the real
> timeout.

I don't think I follow this. What is the difference between splay queued
timeouts and "the real timeout" ? A single easy handle only has a single
time-out (if any) going on at any one time, and that timeout is in the splay
tree. At least that's how I've made it and how I view it.

What isn't working with that concept?

> *My* very own approach would be to unify splay & real-timeouts

... so I don't quite grasp this either.

> Curl's got rather tight release cycles, how to deal with major changes linke
> this?

However we please!

1 - a longer period until next release

or

2 - a CVS branch

or

3 - whatever alternative we think is working approach