Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:26:51 +0200

Hi Kamil,
Kamil Dudka schrieb:
> I am not an autotools guru, but this line looks like a bad idea to me. It's
> not generic enough assumption. It's a bit subtle to place something like this
> to configure.ac.
so where can we seek for such a guru? :)

> Is really pkg-config the only obstruction which prevents libcurl-NSS to be
> built by mingw? Are you able to build libcurl-NSS if you change the
> suspicious line manually (by removing -ldl and adding whatever it lacks)?
yes - changed configure to teh values I get from pkg-config:
      #addlib="-L$OPT_NSS/lib -lssl3 -lsmime3 -lnss3 -lplds4 -lplc4
-lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl"
      addlib="-L$OPT_NSS/lib -lssl3 -lsmime3 -lnss3 -lnssutil3 -lplds4
-lplc4 -lnspr4"
      #addcflags="-I$OPT_NSS/include"
      addcflags="-I$OPT_NSS/include/nss3 -I$OPT_NSS/include/nspr4"
then called:
./configure --without-ssl --with-nss=/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw
and get finally:
wine curl.exe -V
curl 7.19.6 (i686-pc-mingw32) libcurl/7.19.6 NSS/3.12.3 zlib/1.2.3
libidn/1.9 libssh2/1.0
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: IDN Largefile NTLM SSL SSPI libz

so compilation works - however usage is then another story, and needs
some more tweaks for CA path:
wine curl.exe -k https://litmus.mozilla.org/
curl: (77) Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

though strange that this happens although I use -k (insecure) option ...

> If yes, then we can find out some more generic way to find NSS libraries
> during cross-compile...
currently it seems that only OpenSSL is really working - when I try to
use gnutls I get another usage prob (while I can pass configure whoes):
gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.

thanks, Gün.