Re: Include path problem

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:35:58 +0200

Hi Patrick,
Patrick Monnerat schrieb:
> I did not know the testcurl.pl script, but I just checked it and found
> the problem: since curlbuild.h is created at configure time, it goes to
> the ./build-xxxx/include/curl directory, while other include files
> remain in ./curl/include/curl. So my statement "curl.h and curlbuild.h
> are in the same directory" is wrong in this special case. The other two
> includes are OK because they really are in the same directory.
hmm, but the autobuilds *should* work completely inside the build dir?
anyway, something with the autobuilds seems suspect to me: I always
thought we do a complete copy to the build-xxxx dir before we start any
buildconf/configure, but that seems not the case since I see every now
and then the CVS dir polluted with build files left over when there were
fundamental errors with the build, f.e. CVS down ...

> But please note that testcurl.pl adds a special -I option for that. This
> is not needed for regular buildconf+configure+make cases (and the later
> work perfectly with the pathless curlbuild.h inclusion).
>
> So I think for the moment, you better change it back, and add a comment
> !
well, I changed back, but not sure what comment you meant ...

Gün.