Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:15:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Guenter wrote:

> I'll try as good as my english is :) so you are a configure guru too? hey!
> great!

Haha, I don't know about "guru" but I have written quite a large amount of
configure tests over the years.

> would be very great if you could give this a try ...

Attached here is my first take:

  1 - use nss-config if pkg-config is absent in an attempt to figure out how
      to use nss when building with it

  2 - make pkg-config get used even for cross-compiles

This thus assumes you setup PKG_CONFIG_PATH properly before you invoke
configure when you build it cross-compiled.

Oh: apply the patch to a fresh CVS, then run ./buildconf and it should be able
to detect nss. I did some basic testing on my host and it seemed fine.