Curl and NTLM support

From: Joe Droider <droidvideo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:56:34 -0500

Hi
Before I build curl on our Linux box, I thought I post my problem here. I am
running a PHP script that uses curl and expects curl with NTLM support. The
script seems to run fine on my Mac. But it fails on Linux box because the
curl run time on that box doesn't support NTLM. When I gave "curl -V", this
is what I am getting.

curl 7.18.2 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.18.2 NSS/3.12.2.0 zlib/1.2.3
libidn/0.6.14 libssh2/0.18
Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file https ftps scp sftp
Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile SSL libz

I don't see NTLM listed under features.

Is there any way to add NTLM support to our installation?
What do I need to do?
Do I need to build libcurl on my box and mess with
LD_PRELOAD/LD_LIBRARY_PATH inda stuff?
I don't have root access on this box. I prefer a method that doesn't involve
root access.

Since what version of curl NTLM support was added?

I appreciate your help
John