Re: poll() POLLERR / POLLHUP without POLLIN / POLLOUT

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:29:50 +0200

Hi Gün,

2009/9/11, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>:

> so would you conclude to revert the patch?

Most probably yes. But first, lets see if the alternative I propose
here also works for Joshua Kwan and it doesn't break havoc on other
systems.

Hi Joshua,

2009/9/11, Joshua Kwan <jkwan_at_vmware.com>:

> > Joshua, which I/O library and version is behaving in this way?
> > Or which OS and version is doing this?
>
> It was a bug reported by one of my coworkers, who is running
> a laptop with some variety of Fedora.

Could you verify if the attached patch works for you?

For once and for all, it should make happy all systems that set
POLLERR or POLLHUP without setting POLLIN or POLLOUT.

On cygwin libcurl's test suite takes less time to finish, but besides
running the test suite I haven't done any more testing.

--
-=[Yang]=-