Re: Corrupted data with POST on Mac OSX 10.5 with an account that has parental controls activated

From: Constantine Sapuntzakis <csapuntz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:19:16 -0700

Heh, just ran into a POST corruption issue on 10.5 with a managed account.

Turns out there's a transparent HTTP proxy for these managed accounts. And
the transparent proxy doesn't handle Expect: 100-continue correctly.
After getting back the 100 status from the server, the proxy resends the
HTTP headers rather than the body. Whoops...

You can disable curl sending the expect header explicitly by setting the
header Expect header to blank or by telling curl to use HTTP/1.0.

On the command line, you would use the -0 (zero) option to use HTTP/1.0. TO
clear the expect header, you can pass -H 'Expect:'

-Costa