Re: SSL_shutdown crashes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:08:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, ganeshragavan wrote:

> https://ipv6_address:443/ crashes at 1000th iteration everytime, whereas
> https://ipv4_address:443/.. doesn't crash exactly at 3001th iteration
> everytime. I am running this on a embedded board using embedded linux that
> doesn't have any debugging support. My original code where we use libcurl
> is much bigger, thats the reason I created this example program. Not sure
> what other example program I should create.

Really, how are you planning to produce any quality software in that
environment if you're not capable of debugging your stuff? You're on a road to
FAIL unless you shape up.

A) Cross-compiling and installing gdb on an embedded linux is not rocket
    science.

B) Spraying your code with printfs() to output all sorts of variables (after
    the specific amount of iterations) is quite doable as well.

Both these ways however require that you actually read the code you're writing
and the libcurl code around the crashing points so that you can analyze and
understand where the error actually occurs and why.

If you want us to help you, you need to start following our etiquette
guidelines and you must understand that YOU are the one with the problem so
you need to provide us with as much info as possible about your problem so
that we can help YOU fix it. This is open source, we're all volunteers and we
scratch our own itches. Perhaps mostly we have a really hard time to fix bugs
we can't repeat ourselves.