Re: viewvc installation Was: hi NSS friends ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:44:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Yang Tse wrote:

> Given the fact that nowadays the maintained tool is viewVC it seems
> reasonable to use it for the new installation, in hope that it can be
> tailored to achieve increased productivity.

I've now taught viewvc how to show our header and footer etc when it shows its
stuff and it does now feel more like an integrated part of the site. I
committed by changes too in the curl-www repo in case a committer feels
adventurous enough to tweak it.

> One thing that has changed is that there seems to be no way of
> browsing the curl-www repository part.

I've fixed this, as it was just an oversight in my config editing.

> I miss syntax highlighting when selecting "view" link for a file.

Yeah, for some reason I've still not managed to get that going but I intend to
research the topic further. It is said to depend simply on a specific python
package but while I've installed that package and enabled the syntax
highlighting, it is still no show...

> And last for now but probably the most important one. Overall font selection
> and font sizes are not appropriate in many views giving it the toy-looking
> feel I've mentioned previously and in some cases making a specific view
> nearly worthless, specifically the "diff" view which here on IE6 renders
> with a huge non-fixed-width font.

With the template stuff committed in our www CVS tree we can now start to work
on those issues.