Re: libcurl connect to server issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:49:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Ram wrote:

> * Failed to connect to 66.39.106.2: Unknown error 60
> * Unknown error 0
> * connect() timed out!

clearly connect() failed in some way. Why not just set a break-point and check
the error variable inside lib/connect.c:singleipconnect() to get some further
detail? Is VxWorks' connect() truly POSIX compliant?

> I am able to do transfers with the libcurl in my server, but connecting to
> any outside web server fails. Is it because of authentication?

No. What fails there is the plain TCP connection, it hasn't even got the
chance to try any authentication at that point.

> if so how does curl tool is able to do it then?

That ran on your "PC" you said. As it runs on an entirely different systems it
of course might run differently.