Re: Problems related to probing for proxy authentication methods

From: Joshua Kwan <jkwan_at_vmware.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:28:38 -0700

On 10/1/09 00:09, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
>> Maybe the right way to deal with it is: if the request is not the first
>> request on the connection and the server resets the connection, then retry
>> the request on a fresh connection.
>
> Sounds about right. The worst part is that the CONNECT function has turned
> into a rather messy thing that would benefit from a little cleanup...

In this case, would the initial connection reset error be seen by the cURL
client, or would it be masked unless the second request fails too?

I was also taking a look at Curl_proxyCONNECT and winced a little.. as it is
blocking!

We use cURL in a GUI app so it's important that it blocks as little as
possible.

-Josh