Re: libcurlnet 1.3 compatible with libcurl 7.19.6

From: Joerg Giese <giese_gcwcl_list_at_arcor.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 06:51:13 +0000 (UTC)

Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Joerg Giese <giese_gcwcl_list <at> arcor.de>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have successfully implemented an FTP transfer in my C# project, but only
using
> libcurl 7.13.0 as supplied with libcurlnet 1.3.
> As soon as I exchange lc 7.13 for lc 7.19, my C# program terminates with an
> exception, stating that libcurl.dll could not be found. Considering that lc
7.13
> is quite a few years old and probably has some unfixed security issues, I
 would
> prefer to use the newer library.
> Did anyone else observe this behaviour? Any hints how to fix it? Any help is
> greatly appreciated!
>

> Just to get the silly questions out of the way - you did recompile your
program after updating curl, right??

> Ralph Mitchell

Hi Ralph,

Yes, I do recompile my program as I am running it directly from Visual Studio,
i.e., not a compiled exe version. What puzzles me is that if do exchange the
libcurl dll, my program reports that *no* libcurl dll is found, even though the
file is in the exact same folder and has the exact same file name. If the newer
version, however, is not compatible, I would expect some sort of other error
message hinting at the incompatibility.

Second, I was wondering why the old version 7.13 has a size of some 600 kb
whereas version 7.19.6 only has about 400 kb -- or am I trying to use an
inappropriate version? I downloaded my copy from
http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/win32/curl-7.19.6-devel-mingw32.zip.

Cheers,
Joerg