Re: planning for the 7.19.7

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:12:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Let's try to start the 14 day feature freeze after I get back, like around
> October 22nd and then if things work out fine release 7.19.7 on November 5.

Yeah. No more features as of tomorrow. I don't think we have many new features
in the pipe anyway.

We have a really huge pile of bugs awaiting to get fixed, but we have very few
people actually working on them so I don't really expect us to be able to nail
very many of them before the next release.

I'm as devoted as ever to maintain libcurl and develop it further, but there's
basically nobody who pays for maintaining and bugfixing (even that is what
takes the most time for me) so I can only work on that during spare hours -
and I've had a shortage of such hours recently. It'll just have to take a
little longer until we get the problems sorted. We'll get them all eventually!