libcurl protocol handler

From: Archer King <archerstarking_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:08:09 -0700

Hi All,

I am new to libcurl and trying to understand the internals of libcurl.

At first, I thought there was a clean separation between the common code and
protocol specific code (through the use of Curl_handler). But as I dig more
into the code, I saw some protocol specific logic in the common code. For
example, I see many "#ifndef CURL_DISABLE_HTTP" and
"conn->protocol&PROT_HTTP" in transfer.c. I am just wondering why we have
something like this, is there a specific reason or it is just some legacy
from older versions?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Archer