RE: undefined reference to `dlsym'

From: David Byron <dbyron_at_dbyron.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:32:43 -0800

On Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> If you are willing to write a patch for configure.ac
> solving your problem but not breaking anything else, we
> are happy to take it.

Here's what I came up with. I tested these three scenarios on linux:

1. --with-ssl
2. --with-ssl PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<some special openssl pkgconfig directory>
3. --with-ssl=<some special openssl directory>

#1 and #2 worked before the patch. All three work after the patch and use
pkg-config to grab the correct info to link against the desired openssl.

In general the patch feels OK, but I'm not sure that I really needed to
export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR. Just assigning it wasn't enough though. Changing
PKG_CONFIG_PATH helped when the specified path was correct, but if it
wasn't, pkg-config still looked in the default location. Setting
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR got pkg-config to only look in the specified place.

-DB