RE: patch to update generated vc Makefiles

From: David Byron <dbyron_at_dbyron.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:29:35 -0800

> No matter if this patch is applied or not you will have to 'build' the
> vc8 or vc9 targets in order to get the vc8 or vc9 makefiles rebuilt if
> Makefile.vc6 is updated. IOW the dependencies you are introducing here
> don't improve on current situation.

They do improve the current situation for people like me with additional
Makefiles that use Makefile.vc8 or vc9 that have recipes like this:

lib/Makefile.vc8: Makefile.dist lib/Makefile.vc6
        make -f Makefile.dist lib/Makefile.vc8

src/Makefile.vc8: Makefile.dist src/Makefile.vc6
        make -f Makefile.dist src/Makefile.vc8

Perhaps this patch with more dependencies is more helpful?

-DB