Re: libcurl tftp

From: <koettermarkus_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 02:15:07 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, koettermarkus_at_gmx.de wrote:
>
>> Patch for curl-7.19.6-20090806 is attached, I'd be glad if you could
>> manage to apply it after 7.19.6 release, and take care of tftp large
>> file support afterwards, taking the new tftp code.
>
> Hi Markus!
>
> It's been a while since you posted this, but...
>
> Have you given this any further work/look since this was posted? I've
> recently built up some interest in getting this merged into the main
> code, to convert the TFTP support into a first class citizen within
> libcurl and your patch seems like a sensible first step to me.

Yes, it even works.
I verified BLKSIZE works too, added a new option to the curl cli.
I tested the multi-interface as well.

todo:
  * manpage docs for the --tftp-blksize option

discuss:

  * data types, as discussed previously I changed lots of datatype
definitions to be able to compile it on a 64 bit operating system
It works for me on a 64bit ubuntu 910.

  * recycling connections, I turned it off

  * connect() after we have received the first packet from the server,
avoids problems as the kernel will take care we only get packets from
the remote host.
note: this will make recycling connections impossible

  * maybe indenting, would be handy if you could create a
uncrustify.conf for curl.

If it was svn, I'd commit it myself, as atomic commits allow easy reverts.

It may break things, it may not compile on some plattforms, but it is
more than a good start.

diff is attached.

Markus