Re: Values of Running handles

From: <centrio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:23:19 +0000

Hi,
I have added the multi handle in another function.

> Is it true that runningHandles will become 0 only if the Connection is
> closed.

>> No.
I am doing simple http Get request and the URL can be finite url or can be
a streaming URL. I want to know if the connection to the URL is closed. The
connection may be closed if there is some network delay(timeouts) or
interface down or the server has closed the connection. I have only 1
easy handle in multi handle stack. I need to know if runningHandles == 0 is
criteria to decide closed connection in this case.

>> runningHandles reaches 0 when all requests/transfers that are added to
>> the
>> multi handle have completed.

Connection closed isn't the final state once Http Get request is made and
server has sent the data. (assuming keep-alive is false)

> What is its 0 since the beginning and never become 1.?

>> Then you never added any easy handle or that transfer failed immediately.

I have added the easy handle to the stack in some other portion of the
code. What are the reasons for transfer to fail? Is it that HttpGet request
is made
and then transfer failed? or transfer could fail even before making the
request.?

Thanks

Regards
Shivanand