Re: SSL locks installed, never called, still crashing

From: Marc Wandschneider <marcwan_at_chipmunkninja.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 14:24:04 +0800

2009/12/5 Marc Wandschneider <marcwan_at_chipmunkninja.com>

> On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Marc Wandschneider wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm developing an app for the Mac that does multi-threaded
>>>>

> Actually, after some more research, this is happening on 10.6 only, while
> 10.5 works perfectly fine. I've been trying to figure out what could be
> different between the two OSes, and - of course - openssl would be the prime
> culprit, except that I statically link in a libcrypto and libssl that I
> build myself.
>
> However, otool still tells me that both processes are linking in a
> libcrypto-.0.9.7.dylib and a libopenssl-0.9.7.dylib from /usr/lib. I'm
> guessing it's a violation of some sort of rule to just copy the 10.5 dylibs
> into my project directory and run them from there.

So, my solution was to build and include my own libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib and
libssl.0.9.8.dylib. This takes a bit more than a simple config && make as
you have to go into one of the Makefiles and update the library search paths
sent to the linker for the sharedlib build-step BUT:

overall, the application works crash-free now with curl, openssl, and
threads. woo!

thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

mark.