Re: Problem on windows server 2003 client.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:22:47 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009, Corcoran, Jason wrote:

> When I make a post request to Salesforces new REST API, on XP or any Unix
> platform, I get the expected response. But on Windows 2003 server I see the
> response and then another response with just 0.

> In the call back set by the CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION I see the first response
> and set the data pointer to it. But when I try to retrieve the data it is
> not set. This only happens on Windows 2003 server. On all the other
> platforms I do not see the second reply above.
>
> Any pointers or options that I can set to get around this second reply from
> the server.

I would suggest you try with a modern libcurl version first to see if this is
a problem we already fixed. You're using a very outdated version with lots of
security problems and many bugs we've since corrected.

If not, I would be interested in a small example snippet that repeats this
problem against a public URL.

Of course, you can always just debug libcurl's sending/receiving and see how
it differs between the windows versions and try to figure out why one of them
is different.