RE: Some very early feedback in SMTP testing.

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:43:13 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Yeah, SMTP is the one I'm the least done with. I've not even made it
do the actual body transfer yet (although that particualr piece you
should rather simple to get going).

Remember a data line beginning with a dot should be preceded by an
additional dot :-)

Just a small remark abour CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT: in the current version, you
can only send a mail to a single address. The protocol allows you to
specify several RCPT TO statements for the same mail. I would suggest to
change CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT char* argument into a struct slist* for that
purpose.

Also forcing <> around the CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM and CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT
values supposes they are e-mail addresses alone, making arguments as
"name surname <e-mail-address>" infeasible; extra mail-parameters and
rcpt-parameters cannot be specified either.

No hurry for that: these are just suggestions and hints.

Patrick