Re: Adding QoS support to curl

From: Philip A. Prindeville <philipp_subx_at_redfish-solutions.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:08:23 -0800

On 11/29/2009 11:06 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
>
>> It's adding the support to the ancillary files that's a little more complicated.
>>
>>> From what I can tell, the following files might need to be touched:
>
> We focus on autotools for *nix systems, and there's a bunch of more hand-adapted builds and then there's the CMake build system that is kind of deserted before it was ever completed.
>
> Personally I know very little about cmake and how to write stuff for it. My advice is to focus on making the autotool/configure approach work, and make sure you can enable/disable things by a define or so, so that non-configure systems can get it controlled via their hand-edited config files.
>
>> lib/curl_config.h.in
>
> This file is generated by autoheader.
>
>> lib/curl_config.h.cmake
>
> The top comment in that file is wrong. I don't know how that file is made.
>
>> m4/curl-confopts.m4
>
> That's a file used for writing good autoconf tests for the configure script.

Okay, I guess I can skip these 3 files... I'll concentrate on m4/curl-functions.m4 ... not sure if $curl_includes_netinet_ip needs to include everything in $curl_includes_sys_socket, or if it can assume $curl_includes_sys_socket as a prerequisite.

I can't regenerate a new configure file from the configure.ac because I'm running 2.63, not 2.64, so the generated configure file will have too many differences...

>> CMake/CurlTests.c
>> CMakeLists.txt
>
> I assume those are for writing tests for the cmake system.
>
>> configure.ac
>
> That's the main autoconf file for creating the configure script.

Yup. Now what's the best way to store options for the QoS settings for http, ftp, etc?

Thanks,

-Philip