Re: Adding QoS support to curl

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:22:16 +0100

2009/12/15, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:

> [...] I'll concentrate on m4/curl-functions.m4 ... not sure if $curl_includes_netinet_ip needs to include everything in $curl_includes_sys_socket, or if it can assume $curl_includes_sys_socket as a prerequisite.

Look at CURL_INCLUDES_ARPA_INET definition and make yours a
modification of that one. As long as the implementation of
CURL_INCLUDES_NETINET_IP follows the 'style' of the previously
mentioned macro you are on the safe side. Without knowing which
functions you want to use it for I can not comment much further than
this.

> I can't regenerate a new configure file from the configure.ac because I'm running 2.63, not 2.64, so the generated configure file will have too many differences...

You can regenerate the configure script locally running buildconf as
long as you have an autoconf 2.57 or later installed. It will be
different from the one included in tarballs, but it doesn't matter as
this will allow you to test your changes first locally.

And by all means, If you're going to add macros to
m4/curl-functions.m4, follow the same style as the already existing
ones. This can easily be achieved copying any macro in that file that
most fits your intended result and modifying it to achieve the
intended result. Remember that everything must work with _any_
autoconf version from 2.57 to the very last one, so don't play new
tricks in this area.

--
-=[Yang]=-