Re: Help w/ HTTP file upload [bug?]

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:31:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Ryan M. Lederman wrote:

> Daniel, if you take a look at Screenie, you can see the problem in action.

I believe and trust your description and outputs, I don't need to see it
myself in action!

> The progress callback simply does not work for HTTP form-based uploads; I
> mean, I could write an example app but all you have to do is observe the
> output of mine...

I did, and now I've observed. The next step is to figure out what's going on,
and that's MUCH easier to do with actual code running on my own machine.

> I don't see how you don't think the times are interesting. Since you call
> the progress callback each time you call send() (and it's non-blocking), the
> receiving callback thinks the whole file was uploaded in a matter of a few
> milliseconds (no matter the size), then is called erroneously @ 100% several
> times while the buffer is actually sent out on the wire.

I don't mean that they are completely uninteresting, they of course bring a
set of info on their own. It just wasn't the numbers I focused on when I saw
what you presented.

> For now I will use a spinning progress meter or something, as I cannot
> really afford to spend time becoming familiar enough with libcurl to fix it.

Right, and I asked you for a way to repeat this in an attempt to help out and
check if this is something I can fix. Without a way to repeat it, it makes it
a whole lot less compelling for me to persue.

This is spare time hacking for me after all.