Re: [Patch] curl_multi_fdset manpage tweak

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 00:40:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Julien Chaffraix wrote:

> attached is a modification of the curl_multi_fdset manpage to make it clear
> that newly created easy handles added to their multi handle needs to call
> curl_multi_perform prior to calling curl_multi_fdset if they want to get an
> up-to-date result. Comments on this change are more than welcome.

The suggested wording shouldn't be a "warning" in my view. But yes, not a lot
is done to a handle when you've just added it so chances are very slim that
curl_multi_fdset() would return any socket info for that handle, as the
*perform() (or related functions) is the one that actually performs anything
(hence the name) of importance and performing network and protocol related
stuff is what makes the socket get used and move over various states etc.

But you _can_ still call curl_multi_fdset() before the perform() call, it will
still return the truth!