RE: CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE erros with CURL 7.19.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:43:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Pinakin Mevawala wrote:

> We don't really want the bug fixes or new features went into the latest of
> curl releases since 7.12.0 or 7.10.7. We need suggestions from your side
> that old curl releases should work same way on 32 and 64 bit platforms.

"should" being the keyword here. Yes, all libcurl versions ever released
should've worked fine on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Everything else is
a bug.

> They should not have only 64 bit specific issues.

Of course they shouldn't! But I don't think there's a 64 bit problem in 7.19.5
either. Or can you tell us a way to repeat a problem with 7.19.5 on 64 bit
architectures?

> Else if we have to use 7.19.5 (assuming that it would be 64 bit safe) then
> can we ignore this error and assume that curl behavior will be same as in
> old versions.

7.19.5 is old too now. We're on 7.19.7! ;-)