RE: CURLE_PARTIAL_FILE erros with CURL 7.19.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:17:33 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009, Pinakin Mevawala wrote:

> I don't say that there is a 64 bit problem in 7.19.5. We are using it
> assuming that it "will" be 64 bit safe. It is returning something which we
> were not getting in older versions. My Only question was if old curl is 64
> bit safe then we don't really have to use 7.19.5 and put extra checks in our
> code to handle this error.

I believe it was working fine on 64 bit archs, but I don't remember if there
were any particular bugs in the functions you're using.

> What is your final say, should we use old curl in 64 bit or 7.19.5 and
> handle the error from our side.

I'll respectfully decline to answer that question. I don't write your app and
I don't have your problem nor your customers. You need to figure out the risks
vs advantages with whatever options you have.