Re: Java binding

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:53:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Evgeny A. Marchenko wrote:

> I tried to use Java binding for curl and found it very limited and almost
> unusable. I'm going (and already have huge progress) to extend it and make
> more compatible with C API. Has this any public demand? Is this list
> suitable for publishing updates and discussing development?

I think there is interest, as every once in a while someone pops in and asks
for it - it might just not be overwhelming. The least you could do is make
your work available and see if you'll reach other users.

I don't think there's any other mailing list that's more suitable, but you
need to remember that people on this list are here mostly for the libcurl
itself and not for any specific binding for it.

Out of curiosity, what's your primary reasons for going the libcurl route with
java and not using one of the java-provided stuff?