Re: Java binding

From: Evgeny A. Marchenko <xengine_at_mail.ru>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:58:01 +0300

> Out of curiosity, what's your primary reasons for going the libcurl route
> with java and not using one of the java-provided stuff?

libcurl has awesome features not available in native java staff - extensive
proxy support, many different protocols in one library, performance and
simplicity. Of course someone can use native java http libraries, but when you
look for not just SOCKS support but for SOCKS5 with hostname or SOCKS4a the
only choice you have is a libcurl.
I'll share my work in this list in attempt to make other java users happy with
libcurl

Regards, Evgeny