Re: cURL 7.19.7 v. VMS

From: Craig A. Berry <craigberry_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:39:11 -0600

On Dec 29, 2009, at 2:53 PM, Craig Berry wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 29, 2009, at 01:29PM, "Steven M. Schweda" <sms_at_antinode.info
> > wrote:
>> From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>

> I'm going to do a build with the patch and report back.

I took Steven's patch, removed the initial section modifying
curlbuild.h and its controversial off_t business, and built with and
without large file support on:

$ cc/vers
HP C V7.3-018 on OpenVMS IA64 V8.3-1H1

Everything built cleanly. A couple of basic operations seem to work
fine. I looked into running runtests.pl, but that depends on the
shell's command-line redirection, which doesn't work quite the same
way on VMS as elsewhere, so that's a to-do.

I recommend the revised patch (attached here). There are likely other
things we can or should do, but this is a step forward.

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry_at_mac.com

  difficult than getting in."
                  Brad Leithauser