Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 53, Issue 4

From: Andy Shellam <andy-lists_at_networkmail.eu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:15:01 +0000

Hi,

Apologies for butting in, but...

> If I remove the entry from "hosts" and try to post to it using libcurl, it
> takes about 15-20 seconds for the call to curl_easy_perform to return with
> an error CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT, and during this time I don't get any calls
> to the progress callback.

A DNS timeout typically happens after 4 seconds (2 seconds for each nameserver) unless you've configured your local resolver differently. Is it possible that the resolver your machine is using is working but returning a different IP address to what you expect and are thus putting in your hosts file?

Regards,
Andy