RE: connect.c patch for progress callback

From: Adrian Michel <adrian_at_amichel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:59:33 -0800

> Really? Can you double-check with the new patch I attach here
> - I updated it with a proper include so that no compiler
> warning happens when applied.

I applied the new patch and here are the results:
1. intially the host name was in the hosts file and I was able to connect
with both versions of the dll (w/ and w/o patch) - expected
2. I removed the host name from hosts and I wasn't able to connect with
either version (w/ and w/o patch) - expected. BTW, the version with the
patch returned the error result much faster (almost immediately), while the
version w/o the patch took a quite long time (around 20 seconds).
3. I added the host name to hosts, and now the version w/o patch connects
fine, but the version with the new patch doesn't connect any more.

Now, no matter whether the hosts contains the host name pointing to the
local machine or not, the version w/ the patch fails consistently, while the
version w/o the patch works as expected (other than not being able to get
the call to the progress callback).

Let me know if you need any more info.

Adrian