Re: Problem with curl-7.19.7 AIX 5.3 compilation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 23:40:01 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009, Arunachalam, Sasikanth wrote:

> I am able to run the configure file. But while running, I got the
> following compilation error like
>
> "../include/curl/curl.h", line 659.9: 1506-277 (S) Syntax error:
> possible missing ',' or '}'?
>
> Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

Uhm. That's the first line that uses the CINIT() macro, right?

It probably fails because the CURL_ISOCPP is (wrongly) defined. Can you try to
edit include/curl/curlrules.h and change how that define is made for your
compiler and see if that makes a difference?

It does puzzle me greatly though as that cpp magic has been there forever and
people have build libcurl on AIX since forever too...