no custom read() write() callbacks

From: Leon Winter <lwi_at_ring0.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 20:02:41 +0100

Hi,

in order to built an C based application that downloads files via remote
ssh-proxies I thought libcurl+libssh2 would be good choice.

Goal (with a C application and by avoiding the local port):
ssh -ND8080 proxy
curl --socks5 127.0.0.1:8080 http://server/download

Libssh2 provides libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex() and
libssh2_channel_write_ex() aswell as libssh2_channel_read_ex() which
could be used to pass our HTTP traffic there. Unfortunately libcurl does
not seem to offer a callback for this functions (read()/write()).

One could start writing a socks5 proxy interface, and use it from curl,
but is overhead that should not be needed for this simple task.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Leon Winter