CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT error

From: satya narayana <satyacse94_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:12:52 +0530

Hi support team,

We have developed http client using libcurl 7.19.7 lib.
We are able access http service for that remote host with that httpclient
program.

But the issue we are getting in a few machines our httpclient program could
not works fine (for the same remote host http service).
always it returns "CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT" Error, even that http
service available

we are able to telnet that same http service for that target machine,
However our httpclient program should also work.

Can please tell me, in what senarios we got this errors
"CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT" Error
or any network/firewall setting can we do?

Thanks & Regards,
Satya.